HOW TO JOIN AND CROCHET EDGING CHEERY CUSHION COVER
JOINING AND FINISHING THE CHEERY CUSHION COVER
Hook Size 4mm (size G)
1 Colours of yarn – The main colour
Stitch marker (optional)
MR – magic ring
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
st/sts – stitch/stitches
R – round
beg – beginning
rep – repeat
* – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated.
() – Repeat the instructions between the parentheses as indicated.
This cheery cushion cover is in three parts. Click here for part one and part two.
- 19 rounds were worked in both front and back side hence number of stitches are the same.
- Size is 17 inches by 17 inches
HOW TO JOIN AND CROCHET EDGING start joining
- Face the wrong sides of both the front and back side together and align the stitches and matching corners with corners. Both right sides will be up. (This front and back sides were completed in videos 1 and 2) Place your stitch markers on each corner and in the middle of each side.
- With colour A. Attach yarn to one of the corners. Ch1, 3sc into both corners together. Then 1sc in each of the following stitches stitching both sides together. Do this for 3sides leaving the top side but work in all the corners. At the end you will have created an envelope without flap.
- At this point you can try your cushion form to see how fitting it looks like.
- Since we are working on a removable cushion cover we will work on the two sides of the top separately.
- Still with colour A yarn work 1sc in each stitch around. (The fourth side of both front and back panel worked separately to retain the opening)
CROCHET EDGING start shell for edging
- Slip stitch into the 1st stitch of the next corner (the 1st of 3sc in previous round). Work 1sc in the same stitch. Skip next stitch and work 7dc to the next stitch. (1 shell formed)
- Skip next 2sts, 1sc in the next stitch; skip next 2stitches, 7dc in next stitch.
- Continue as above but for the next 2 corners skip 1sc such that you will have 3shells close together in the corner area.
- You will work the shell pattern on the front side of the top opening and slip stitch to the beginning sc. Fasten off yarn.
- Attach yarn to the bottom of the opening (the back). Make chain of about 17inches long. Then attach yarn to the opposite side on the back opening and make chain of about 8inches long.
- Insert your cushion and pass the long chain through spaces on both sides till you get to the end and make a bow with the shorter chain. You may choose to hide it in the cushion cover to make it invisible.
HOW TO JOIN AND CROCHET EDGING VIDEO
The cushion cover is completed. You can remove the cushion and wash the cover any time it gets dirty.
You can advertise or donate to support the maintenance and sustenance of the Website so it can continue to provide valuable rich content. Complete the contact form to get in touch with us.
Feel free to share with your friends. You can also connect and subscribe with us on Instagram, YouTube and Facebook. Just click the buttons below: